View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 08:29 AM   #12
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HOOK

Our Ser dept leads our store in profit almost every month. Yes , sometimes parts are slow coming and we do make occasional mistakes, but we make most folks happy. Our communications with Ser customers is our weakest point, but improving all the time. Nope, not perfect but professional.
HOOK

I believe you introduced me to some of the personnel from the company you are working for at the RR track when you got your ride on the trains.

The conversation I had with them does indicate that they are on the “band wagon” with customer service and I would expect your service department to be making a profit.

There is no reason for a service department not to make money all they have to do is hire competent technicians with a good work ethic.

Unfortunately the high volume sales companies are owned by “salesmen” not “business men” and most salesmen look at the service department like a redheaded step son.

CW Robertsdale Al has this same problem, we had made an appointment in advance for a roof inspection and some repairs. They said they did the roof inspection but couldn’t do all of the repairs because they had new trailers to get ready for the sales department.

We had a new company move in to or local city, they started out with a good sales manage and a very knowledgably service manage. They let the service manager go because he couldn’t find local technicians for the shop. They soon fell into this new trailer sales get ready routine until the sales manager left and now they are building a reputation of being the placed not to go for repairs.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote