Thread: warranties
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 08:47 AM   #12
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
This may be a moot point if you are full-timing or long-timing, however in the interest of providing information, I feel compelled to contribute. I researched Warranty Experts and a couple of other rvprotection plans available on the internet and had a hard time differentiating between the companies and the plans. In the end, I decided my best route was (believe it or not) to take the advice of my local dealer and go with the firm that they had been dealing with for the past few years. Although the price was a bit higher (it is a nationwide policy not local only) I felt that keeping the purchase local (dealer commissions and all) was in my personal best interest. Bottom line, I trust my dealer therefore I trust my decision. Everyone will not be able to do the same, but since my local dealer does most of my service, except for melt-downs on the road and the projects I elect to do, I decided to keep my business with them. Additional six years of coverage so I am happy.
Bingo

On edit: keeping with the OP thread:
Warraty items addressed:
Third apollo oven,
cabinet repairs from leaky faucet in kitchen,
leaking shower (still pending)
torn day/night shade
electrical outlet in DVD cabinet repaired,
fireplace adjustment knob replaced,
sink covers replaced due to warpage,
lug nuts replaced (rusting), and
shore cable replaced due to pulling apart at plug

Minor issues to me that were all satisfactorily resolved, sans shower leak which is now being addressed. Overall, I consider myself very happy with dealer and Keystone.

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote