View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 09:33 AM   #23
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Moon View Post
The anti-siphon valve is there to prevent contamination of the fresh water system, not just your trailer, but the whole park. Backflow is serious business, little understood, and not the realm of shade-tree mechanics. Sorry to be blunt, but this isn’t the first time someone suggested “just take it off and throw it away”.
Let me see, Take a chance on some government mandated valve flooding my 50k trailer. NOT

The chances of any contamination are nill at best. You would have to be an idiot for that to happen.

#1- You should not have any water running through the flush hose unless the tank it empty.
#2- With the tank empty and flushing with the drain valve open, the spray head will never go under water.
#3- Even if you close the drain valve for a few minutes to fill a little, then drain, there is water flowing into the tank.

Yes I am well aware that there have been people that have done some crazy things like hooking the city water connection to the black tank flush line my mistake and filling the tank so it overflows the toilet.

I have seen people leave the flush hose connected via a y connecter.

You just cant fix stupid!!!!

IMHO Anyone new to the RV trailer seen should fully understand how everything works on there rig BEFORE they embark on there first outing.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote