View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Amps

The repairs were done using "internabond" tape. It held good till we got back home. I see no need to waste more time and money trying to patch it up again. The new tank cost me $174.00 cdn including taxes plus $90.00 for shipping a lot cheaper than I expected.
Will let you know how the install went.
Say hello to Audrey

Amps, I hate to say it but I think your dealer made a right handsome profit off that tank. I know it's a lot cheaper than one would expect. However, last November we ordered a new black tank from our Kansas City dealer. He got it through Keystone. We paid $136 and change, including shipping and sales tax.

However, I paid a whole lot more for installation labor (a mobile service) than you will.

One possible tip. The mobile service spread a large plastic sheet under the rig before they started removing the old tank. The mess that occurs from removing a black tank was caught by the plastic sheet and not the ground or concrete pad. When done they just pulled out that sheet, rolled it up and put it into a dumpster. No mess to clean up on the ground.

They also had to cut the downpipe from toilet to tank where it goes through the basement. They used a rubber union with clamps when putting it all back together. I'm surprised they had to cut the pipe so check it out before cutting.

They also told me the black tank flush unit is epoxied into the tank. So be sure that's properly set and leak proof.

I don't know if any of this will help. I didn't watch much. The high temperature for the two days they were there were 27 on one day and 22 on the other. I spent most of that time indoors.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote