View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 03:33 PM   #1
edmck
Established Member

M.O.C. #22933
Faded Graphics — A Possible Solution

The large decal of the front cap of my 2011 Montana hasn't fared well over the years and I've been searching for anything that might help restore the color. I learned the hard way years ago that petroleum-based waxes and polishes actually damage vinyl decals so that was no solution. Last week I ran across something called McKee's Vinyl Decal & Graphic Restorer on Amazon for the princely sum of $49.95. The reviews were mixed but regardless, I decided to give it a try. Long story short, after two applications of McKee's I was disappointed with the results. Giving up for the afternoon, I covered the decal with a protective coat of 303 and just as I was stepping down from the ladder I noticed that the decal colors were much more colorful. Not like it was new again — sun faded decals can never be fully restored — but a definite improvement. Just wanted to pass this along to others on the forum who have been trying to make their graphics look better. A blend of McKee's and 303 worked for me and it might for you, too. Just my two cents.
edmck is offline   Reply With Quote