View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 04:00 AM   #1
Jim-n-Kathy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7917
Trip Update-Mission Get Montana

Well here we are several days since our last post [lack of communication excuse is that internet access has been difficult to find].
We departed Flint, MI and finally hit the road for the slow and interesting [we hope] trek back to CA via I 40. The first day the Monte pushed our DA all the way to Shepardsville, KY [15 miles south of Louisville]. We found Grandma's RV park and it was so excellent. It's a few hundred yards off exit 116 and even though Kathy and I are newbies at this we judged it a great place. Appropriate dog rules; [we made our lab read all of them], wireless, nearly all very level pull through sites. I would stay here again at a bargain 21.00 [incidentally the host informed us that in a few days she will be solidly booked and the rates will change-can you say Kentucky Derby?].
Next morn we made the short and scenic journey to Nashville. There we hooked up with friends and used their driveway. I probably should leave this next part out, but in the back up process while relying on others[very poor excuse] to watch the hitch position [poor excuse] I was successful in initiating our new D/A bed rails with a nice ouch. We were changing elevations during backing with a near jackknive turn [very limited access-but the Pullrite slider was performing wel] and the bottom of the pin box connected with the PU bed rail and now I have some body work duties on the docket . I think it's minor and so I just won't think about it until we reach home [great lesson I guess?].
Today as soon as I sign off here I will be using our friends welder to put a little reinforcement bead on the Pullrite capture plate [just extra piece of mind on my pin box modification]. After that [hopefully still this morning] we will depart toward Little Rock direction.
We have certainly discovered that this new adventure is made so pleasurable by such a great and convenient RV.
More in a day or two.
take care,
Jim-n-Kathy
Jim-n-Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote