View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 08:59 AM   #1
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
Ram 3500 oil and filter change

Took the tow vehicle in yesterday to the dealer in Reno, NV, and told them even though it says I still had 45% oil life left, that I wanted to change the oil and filter, since I had gone 10,000 miles and pulling the 3820FK most of those miles. They said OK, but I should change the fuel filters as well, so I said go for it. I come back, and it took twice as long as they said, and then he felt bad and took $50 off my bill, so the bill was $380. It would have been $430!! Is this right? $430 to change the oil, and oil and fuel filters? Plus when it was all done, the service manager, and the the guy that was helping me, and the tech who worked on my truck, said they had something to show me. I go out, and my brand new truck has a 2 foot long gouge on the fender!!. They said they would take care of it for me??? WTH!! Anyway, I'm sure they will repaint the whole back left fender, but is $430 right for this service?