Thread: Furnace RPM's
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 12:57 PM   #25
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
Quote:
Originally Posted by whutfles View Post
Doing last minute fixes on the RV today in prep for our winter trip. I noticed last fall when I winterized while reaching under the driver's side rear to drain the fresh water tank that the fender skirt had a bolt that was slightly loose as my hand touched it. So today I was going to tighten that bolt. Well, the bolt hole in the fender skirt had worn big enough from vibration and corrosion that it was larger than the bolt head. I tried to unscrew the 3/8" bolt and it was rusted to the frame and broke off. There was bolt underneath the fender about an inch away holding down the coroplast. As I pulled back on the fender to get to that bolt I found a bracket attached to the fender and up against the outside of the frame which didn't allow the fender to move much. But there was a 2 inch opening in that bracket that allowed a piece of 16 ga romex to pass thru from the big slide back into the area by the rear bumper near where the power comes in. And there it was staring at me - 2 crimped connections (one broken off). I cut out the bad connector and put in a new one and taped it all back up and reattached the fender using the bolt that previously held the coroplast up. Went inside the RV and the lights were on above the dinette and above the couch.
Sounds like you found the problem you were looking for!
Happy Trails
BuilderBob is offline   Reply With Quote