View Single Post
Old 11-27-2004, 01:55 AM   #66
captbanjo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1269
I'd like to cross-post (that's post...NOT dress!) the below message I sent in another forum here. For what it's worth, I'm guessing that the openness of this forum allows some disenchanted people to express their disappointment and anger at the the problems they have with their rigs. This is much like America...allowing the voice to be heard can give an impression to people that problems are the norm, not the exception. I don't mean to demean the people who have suffered with problems. I'd be mad as hell if I sank a small fortune into a lemon. I do agree with the poster here who pointed out that the dealer is a huge element. In my case, I bought from Arlington RV in Rhode Island. The few problems I've had were promptly and efficiently taken care of. I can heartily recommend them to anyone in this area. So far, the problems with our rig have not been big ones. Hopefully, the future bodes as well. Good luck to those of you with big troubles. I do hope you're in the minority and in all honesty, it does appear to be the case.

Posted in Problems and Technical Help:

My two cents: we've had a few problems, the most serious of them a leak in the bedroom slide. The other issues involved a leaking water line beneath a sink, a loose light fixture, and not a lot much more. Overall, the quality seems pretty good for the standards today. I have issues such as the heater running too loudly, no heat in the bathroom, etc., but I also want to suggest something; maybe the more technology and sophistication that goes into a rig equals more potential problems. With sensor guided vents, multiple slides, fireplaces, multi-tasked ovens, etc., there is a plethora of potential pitfalls present. It does sound like an occasional person here gets a lemon, but we would rate our 3400RL about a B to B+. One thing's for sure, when we get into our site and slide those four sides out...wow!
captbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote