View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 09:44 AM   #4
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Scott thanks, it is at the Dodge dealer but like I said unless it is throwing a code they automatically say it's fine. I checked for the truck being previously deleted but no signs of that and dealer said nothing about a programmer ever being on it. The guy lives in Austin Tx and that area is a LOT of stop and go traffic so I know it would have been hard on the truck. I do think he was having problems because he only put 1000 miles on it in the last year. I have pulled the MAP sensor and it was not too bad I have seen worse and most everything I can check was ok. I thought the veins in the turbo may have been sooted but figured after a couple hundred miles towing they should have cleaned up. They did run a lot of diagnostic tests and all came back normal... That is kinda why the one side of my brain was thinking the CAT but the other was believing the tech. The good thing is this dealer is suppose to have a pretty good diesel tech. If I do keep having problems it will definitely get deleted. We just did my sons 2011 a couple weeks ago and it's running very good now. It nice too because this dealership says they don't care if it is deleted they will try to work with the warranty if they feel it has nothing to do with the deletes. Svc mgr even said about getting a programmer for it so could fix the speedo with the bigger tires. But we are gonna wait till we see how this plays out and hope for the best....
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote