View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 08:45 AM   #6
RickW
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9139
On our May/June trip we found the Flying J Fuel card to be hit and miss, more miss. In July I stopped at a Flying J our first stop. They said due to computer error they could not give me the discount. I waited in line 10 minutes to get the pump turned on and then another 10 when finished to pay, plus had to deal with a cashier that just "loved" her job, not. Our following 2 fuel stops I stopped at a Hess & a Love's. Hess gave me the Cash price in the truck lanes and Love's was still cheaper than the closest Flying J even if I would have received the discount.

With the discount being hit and miss and some not so great recent experiences at Flying J, I have learned I can find Diesel for the same price (with discount) and with out the hassles. Flying J has lost my loyalty.

It is the same thing with Murphy Oil (Wal-Mart) right now. As most are aware in Aug & Sept you get $.10/per gallon discount with a Wal-Mart gift card. While that is a good deal, is it really worth waiting in line for 20 minutes for fuel? Sometimes longer at the Diesel pumps since Diesel is only available in limited lanes. Our local Wal-Mart has the cars stacked 3 deep in each lane every time I pass. At least for me, I will spend the extra $1.50 I would have saved at Wal-Mart at the station next door. That beats waiting in line for 20 minutes.
RickW is offline   Reply With Quote