View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #17
2 Sinks
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6341
Hello WorkerB,

I purchased the EZ Flex complete tandem kit Part #K71-653-00 (35" axle ctr)on sale direct from Dexter on line in late June 09 for $176.28 and delivered to my door with UPS shipping added for a total of $192.73.

Our Mountaineer 336RLT 5ver has aprox 10K miles,the equalizer bushings were pretty much worn out as were several other spring eye bushings (cheap plastic crap) several of the pivot bolts were shiny and showing wear too.No visible shackle strap wear though.

The new kit is pretty beefed up thickness wise...but I was disappointed the shackle straps had made in India stamped on them and the brass bushings were quite pitted .I made sure the bolts would take grease before installing and even smoothed off the grease hole openings on several of the bolts that felt rough.

The worst part about the installation was the hoooot Florida sun working me over.Did the port side Saturday am & the starboard side Sunday am.A 4" heavy duty made in America c-clamp was my extra hands.

Have taken one camping trip so far and can't really tell any difference in the ride quality.I greased all the bolts again the other day to check for proper grease flow and all seems ok so far.

Hope your installation goes well.
2 Sinks is offline   Reply With Quote