View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 04:50 PM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Sometimes half of a twinned breaker will trip, and not have the spring strength to trip the other lever, always flip a suspected breaker all the way off with pressure than turn back on.
Also remember that breakers and fuses trip and blow (most of the time) for a good reason, when this happens, check for the cause. The burned smell, as I said before, is the indicator in this situation.(I think.)
Also remember that a blown 30 amp fuse in your converter will indicate reversed polarity, as the breaker feeding the converter is only 15 amps-maybe 20, I forgot, but the breaker would trip first if the converter drew over amps, a 30 amp fuse indicates another cause. I think I am right on the fuse being 30 amps.
OK, I'll leave you guys alone now.
Ozz
Note; Pep1977 wrote and stated that the buss bar was discolored, so it might have been that Two heavy loads were on the same buss bar, might want to move one 20 amp breaker for the second A/C over one spot. Hard to tell what he has there without looking.
'07 3400RL 2nd RTU
2 Golf Cart batteries 3,000 watt inverter, automatic transfer switch
Honda 2000 Generator, Maytag's with 220 Dryer
Stationary domed Sat. dish, LCD 12 Volt Amp gauge, LCD Tank Monitor
3 added 120 volt outlets, On Board Air; 12 Volt Viair 450C compressor
2006 Ford PSD 4x4 Off Road Lariat, Hadley Air Horns, Truck inverter with 110 volts: laptop, Color Backup camera, Firestone air bags,Husky air ride roller hitch, Awning lock
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote