Thread: Just Venting...
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 06:19 PM   #27
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 'Murica View Post
I took the camper out this weekend and we had a blast at the beach. This morning I dropped it off at Camping World and got an estimate ($2,491). I explained to them that I'm in the military and will be moving to Kansas at the end of next month and needed it back before then. They told me that it wouldn't be a problem. The company called and provided their credit card information to pay for the repairs so the necessary parts have been ordered.

I have never had damage that needed repairs before so I haven't used CW. However, I bought the camper from them and it was due to go back in for the 60 warranty fixes. They told me that as long as they didn't have to order any parts from Keystone that it wouldn't take very long so it appears to me that the delays are related to sourcing the necessary parts.

I was a bit nervous based on all of the CW bashing I have seen and I personally haven't had the best experience with their sales department, but today their service team was extremely helpful and gave me confidence that they will get the repairs done as quickly as possible. We will see how it all works out in the next month or so.
CW in Myrtle did a great job on a little body damage to neighbors Montana. It took Montana 3 weeks to crate the long piece of aluminum fender and have it shipped along with a smaller piece of aluminum, a fender skirt, and 2 decals. In shop time, 2 days. Other than CW did a much neater job with the sealant you cannot tell the difference in the 2 sides. Those CW locations with a 'collision center' seem a bit different as the collision center shares the same space but has a different crew and foreman than the service people.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote