Thread: Reliability
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 01:09 PM   #27
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Gruffy -

You are comparing apples and oranges. Most auto suppliers have only three choices of customers to sell to and those suppliers wield great power. I work for a supplier to the auto industry and GM expected me to have people in the air when one part failed out of a million. Cost of the part - $2. If you read about the auto industry, they are putting many of the smaller companies out of business with their tactics. Only a handful of industries has that leverage with their suppliers. A couple of examples. Buy a St. Croix fishing rod and have an issue. You can't go back to Cabelas or Bass Pro. You must deal directly with St. Croix. Buy a pair of Oakley sunglasses. Same thing. I would love nothing better than to have the same quality level on a Montana as on my Silverado, but it won't happen until someone else can raise the bar. And that hasn't happened yet. And, quite frankly, I haven't had the problems that some others have had. And when I did have an issue, it was taken care of promptly. Had a Rockwood TT before this. Water tank broke free and dumped 40 gallons of water inside my trailer. We were in Maine and they didn't even have a dealer within 500 miles. I have heard stories from the owners of higher end units as well. Sorry you don't like yours. You've gotten up on your soapbox, which is your right. But, those of us who like our Montanas have our right to say so as well.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote