View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Ironically, if everyone would just investigate on their own, develop their own opinions on things, then keep it to themselves, this would keep all futile arguments to a minimum.

When the Constitution was written and guns became a right they were needed for survival (hunting and defense), there were no automatic, rapid fire, media-advertised whack jobs around at the time to have them author what it SHOULD have said for our future. There were also no grocery stores, and many other conveniences that minimized the need for much of the weaponry that is now available. Like all good things, sometimes changes are needed, some are being made and we will never be able to resolve this argument. As long as there are people who want to live outside what the majority of us know as right and fair and lawful and safe then there IS no solution. You ban guns and only the bad guys will have them. You allow guns and there will be more mishaps and accidents (anyone read the two recent stories of relatives accidently shooting each other?).

The laws are pretty good that a gun owner has to be pretty responsible. Unfortunately, they don't cover the people around them (relatives, friends or burglars).

Just like RVs where some use theirs outside what's recommended, and don't know any better, there are plenty who know how to surpass what's recommended and still remain safe. I drive safe, but I use propane for the fridge when driving. I don't own any weapon and don't have a desire too and RV with others who do own and carry and don't have an issue with it.

Okay, I'm done. Anyone got any more wood for the dwindling camp fire? Just a small log or two will do.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote