Thread: A-plus service?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
bethandkevin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12331
A-plus service?

We went with my brother to pick up his SOB travel trailer today. Good thing he only went to the largest family owned dealership for price. We arrived promptly at the designated time only to find his salesman had taken the day off-the same one he felt had treated him so fairly and courteously. The trailer was inside the garage, still being "prepped" for delivery. I accompanied him on the walk around and familiarization with the coach, noting some issues to be brought up later should he ask. Inside while he went through the operation with the tech, my wife and I looked over the fit and finish, which we found to be very good with only a couple minor issues. When asked about correcting these, we were informed that "it's just the way they are". On to the roof where we found so much dropped sealant and smeared adhesive from the roof membrane installation, one had to wonder if there was any underneath. The whole trailer was just as it had been received from the factory-no wash, vacuum or cleaning of any kind. I even found grease pencil marks on the outside from decal installation. While he attended to the financial side of the sale, the hitch was to be fitted to his truck. Upon completion of the hitch installation, we discovered they had installed a 1000# distributing hitch and load bars on a trailer with a tongue weight of 1100# and in the sales invoice it was stated to be a 1200#. No 1200# in stock, so he was upgraded to a 1400# set-up which did not require an additional sway bar-even though they had to drill the tongue to install an end plate for the sway bar. Two hours after we were supposed to be on our way, we actually were. Brother was happy he got a good price, I would have demanded better service and at least a clean new trailer.
While there we looked at the Alpine models, which the salesman called the Keystone "top of the line". Keystone needs to reconsider their position on that-Alpine can't hold a candle to our Montana's as far as we could see.
bethandkevin is offline   Reply With Quote