View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
LOL. Scottsdale is the Beverly Hills of Phoenix but with protected land and cactus. You can have a big spread but you can't cut down any of the cactus. We visit friends there and its wonderful how they built the mansions complete with lots of landscaping, pool, spa, etc. but everything is worked around the trees and cactus.

Not surprised some would have homes in Palm Springs which demonstrated the damage caused by these same people that were allowed to remove all the vegetation, landscape over everything and plant things not intended for the place. Talk about a destroyed ecosystem. I suppose Scottsdale was the antithesis.

I like your story - it was hilarious since I could relate. I'm guessing the 3 kids that hung up in unison were probably conference calling each other, then checked the Internet to look for the same movies to see where they were playing and where they would go next. Movie theaters are about the only place you get to turn off your cell phone so you aren't bothered every 30 seconds by a text, email or Internet need. Not that it stops the idiots to step out of the theater to check on status, then interrupt you once again when they return.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote