View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 06:05 AM   #16
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
How cool. I got a full tool kit from the dealer when we bought our Monty that not only had a variety of tools, bits and other stuff, it came with a boatload of those plastic razors wrapped in a rubber band (except the color was black). I always wondered what they were for and have never used them. The rubber band got old and broke and now I have a lot of these plastic things flowing around the toolkit every time I carry it around but I still haven't thrown them away waiting for that "I'll probably need these for something some day" moment.

The moment has now come thanks to the MOC. After 6 years, the graphics are starting to peel with the Monty sitting on my driveway, mostly every day, in the hot sun, uncovered. And now I am not sure I'm happy or angry that this free tool kit from the dealer included the plastic razors because they knew I was going to need them for an impending graphics problem. I would have preferred they never became a problem but alas...

I also have decals on my truck bed and after 6 years they are not showing ANY problems. Keystone needs to consider the same procedure or paint the graphics on, because the current product and process sucks.

Is anyone else disappointed in how many topics in this forum are about graphics problems? I think it's ridiculous how much work Monty owners have to go through for something that should be fixed by the design team at the factory even if you get the replacement graphics free.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote