View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 02:24 PM   #8
kountry traveler
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9428
Overload you are spot on about how the trim is installed.

Just got home from a 3500 mile trip and on a windy cold night in Osceola,Iowa I was letting the slides out on our 2010 3400rl and heard a popping noise. Just thought it was because of the the 34 degree temp. so started the slides out again and heard another pop so went outside and set controls so the computer and tv slide would come in. Then moved the living room slide out so I could see the other slide. What I found was that that a door on the cabinets had opened and there were two plastic glasses wedged between the slide and rv wall. It pushed the bottom of the trim out and I then had to pull the board out and noticed the staples. I hate to think of what could have happened if they had used wood screws totally to keep trim trim in place.

I was lucky enough to make repairs that night but also learned a lesson if something makes a noise we are not used to it is good idea to check before continuing. I hate to think of what could have happened if they had used screws and ahesive to hold that trim in place.
kountry traveler is offline   Reply With Quote