View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 03:12 PM   #48
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazboy View Post
Jim, the original thread from 2019, how did it turn out? what did you use as your membrane?
I believe he used 40 mil dicor edpm. It was in an earlier thread. The first page. I'm glad looking forward that this was another brand and not his Montana, All the lack of insulation and workmanship issues, I'm not saying that our Montana's are any different model to model and the rush to get them out the door. He identified issues and took so many corrective measures and did a much better job than any dealer would of done.

Like the old addage says. If you want it done right. Do it yourself. Pride and achievements even though it may not be visible from the street. Confidence in knowing it was done right and mostly single-handedly is amazing, in and of itself.

I commend him for the job he did and so well documented. I admire his determination and his research and overall accomplishment. Back in the late 2000's we had a massive ice snow storm in October. I had many trees come down. One punctured the bedroom ceiling. Insurance covered this.

This was my second camper to have a branch penetrate the bedroom. Both covered by insurance. Each over 4K for replacement.
When the last incident happened. My dealer called and mentioned a plastic membrane in place of the dicor edpm. The benefits were it was more elastic and there would no longer be any black streaks.

Well I chose that plastic membrane in 2008 and 12 years later. I can not see any degradation and I still get some streaks due to New England winters and Oak trees and others unless I keep it clean. But it is a weekend warrior and still has not been on the road since putting on the Saluns, last September/October. Covid and all.

But If I ever have a opportunity to meet him. I will gladly offer him a beverage and have a very long conversation with him. His determination, research alone as well as a huge achievement; In and of itself. Not too many here (myself included) would have the drive and determination to accomplish this task.
If he Videoed it and Utubed it. I bet he would of had a million views by now.
Congrats and Thank you for being part of the forum.