View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 07:17 AM   #9
rslopez65
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19789
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullroc3 View Post
I had the same problem. I was able to purchase one at a very reasonable price from another MOC member and sent the bad one back and they replaced it. I now carry both for the "just in case" scenario.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Montana High Country View Post
I went hardwired - Progressive Industries HEW 50 - taking trip in a few weeks, we'll see - didn't want the potential of leaving it somewhere
Thanks for the reply but we aren't interested in the hardwired variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAinaMontana View Post
I had a Surge Guard 50A ( manufactured before company was purchased by South Wire with no lifetime warranty ) go bad about a year ago. I called South Wire as they now have a lifetime warranty and they replaced the old unit at no charge. It does everything I want and digital readout gives the amps and voltage on each line.
Thanks for the information. I will look into the Surge Guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuilderBob View Post
I had a Surge Guard from our SOB. When we bought our Montana I installed the progressive Hard wired with the digital readout inside the Rig. I like the fat that it's one less plugin going to the Rig less places problem.
Still not interested in hardwired but glad it is working for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeFulltime View Post
I have a hardwired 50A Progressive Industries with a remote read out that I bought in late 2007. It is currently installed in the THIRD Montana and has saved us a few times but has never skipped a beat. I will stick with PI.
Glad you haven't had any problems. They seem to be a great company but there products have some problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
I know you say you don't want a hardwired unit, but if you are wanting something that will really protect your rig, you can go with a portable EMS device, which will protect from more than a surge, which is less of a hazard than high or low voltage or a lost neutral, which any of these will cause you a loss of a lot of dollars from your wallet. We have the hardwired EMS which is really a top notch product. This is the portable one from Progressive, https://www.progressiveindustries.net/ems-pt50x
I have looked at the link you provided. Thanks. Will have to decide if I want to pay that much when I have had so many problems with the SSP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
We have used the Progressive EMS portable for the last 9 years of full timing. Had one fail after 7 years and they replaced it. I didn't feel like 7 years of full timing, over 70,000 miles and numerous saves from bad wiring or low voltage was all that bad. We now have two years and over 20,000 miles on the new one.
Thanks for the response. Guess we will be giving that one another look.