Thread: Keyless Entry
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 04:21 PM   #26
Daniel Walden-Turek

M.O.C. #18956
Can't Recommend RVLock

We bought an RVLock based on the many YouTube reviews praising it. Unfortunately it seems many of those praises come immediately after receiving their unit for free...they stick it on and say it works great, but you rarely get a longer term follow up review, and even more rarely from someone who paid full price. Our experience was that while the unit functioned okay, its powder coat finish quickly began flaking. We contacted RVLock customer service and were rebuffed that this could not happen unless we were barreling down a gravel road peppering the handle with rocks...which they would not cover under warranty. I assure you we drive our rig gently, and have been stationary during most of the installed time. There is no chipping anywhere on the sides of our rig. Further the flaking is occurring on the inside handle as well. After my wife posted her dissatisfaction on Facebook, RVLock did grudgingly send us a replacement handle. So I can't recommend them based on their customer service attitude. Otherwise the lock works okay, but for the price, if I had it to do over I would choose another brand.
Daniel Walden-Turek is offline   Reply With Quote