View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 12:45 AM   #12
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
I was going to do a lift however since most of the newer Montanas are 13'5" I do not want to exceed 13'6" that can be a game changer with routing and low bridges.
Raising the rv at the axles does not raise the total height of the rv. When Mor-Ryde installed my I.S. they raised the rv at the wheels about 3 inches to level the rv with the truck. What you are doing is you are pivoting the rv up at the axles but not actually raising the rv in the front where your front air is most likely the highest point of your rv. My rv was 13.5'' before and after the I.S. install. It doesn't matter if you are installing the I.S. or or any other type of suspension as you are raising the rear and not the front and the rear is several inches lower than the front already. Using your rear jacks if you have 6 pt. leveling you can measure the height of the front at the start then raise the rear 3'' using just the rear jacks then measure the front and rear and you should find you have not increased the front height yet the rear will have increased but should still be below the 13.6 maximum height required by law.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote