View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 07:31 AM   #51
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
head hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
I just don’t understand it. There are many of us towing with SRWs that have ratings adequate for the trailers we are towing. We have towed with them for years and tens of thousands of miles. We know from those years and miles that they tow great. We know stability is a non issue as they are stable in high cross winds, trucks passing, winding mountain roads. And stopping is no issue either. And yet there are those holier than thou DRW owners who tell us we are doing it all wrong. We are unsafe and endangering the public. We probably should not be allowed on the road. We only drive the SRW because we are not good enough drivers to drive a DRW. Or maybe because we can’t afford a DRW and have to settle for something less than adequate. If we don’t do it like they do it we must be bordering on ignorance. Maybe we should sell the RV, buy a Prius and a tent.

Good grief. Give me (us) a break.
I don`t think anyone is talking about people that drive/tow well with-in the design limits or maximum capacities of the trailer or truck. I drove my new beast with a SRW for a couple of trips and promptly went out and bought a DRW, yep like they say "night and day" experience but one was an`06 6.0 Ford 1 ton and against the new DRW 6.7 Ford.
On the return trip from MB a couple of years ago on Rt64 2 3 axle tow haulers obviously traveling together passed me in the fast lane doing at least 80 MPH both 250 Fords SWR trying to get a run on the mountain in front of us. These are the people that need to heed this thread.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote