View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 02:53 AM   #19
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Wow! I guess I was misinformed. That $75 dollar rule really gets me, and I have a 90 gal tank. But, in defense of the station operators: I was pumping one day and it hit the $75 lime. I reset and did it again and it hit the $75 limit. The third time it would not accept my credit card. I went inside, rather upset, and the clerk tried to run the card and it was refuse. I'm glad I had stopped a a little less than half a tank, so I was good to go, but rather upset. I belong to one of the largest credit unions in the world, Navy Federal CU. I called them. The nice lady said that after the second consecutive billing the software put an alert on the card and stopped further transactions. During the conversation I asked about the $75 limit and she said it was the policy for fuel. They are responsible for payment to the merchant, not the customer, and the customer is only responsible for the 1st $50 for a stolen card. They annotated my account so that it would not trip for consecutive fuel purchases, but I just don't get myself into that situation again.

Locally, I have one service stations that is typically 4 to 6 cents cheaper than any one else in the area. When I pull in I just have to wave to them and then pump my fuel. It does not shut off after $75. I then go in and pay inside using the credit card.

The $75 rule is one of the reasons that I use the trucker's lanes for fueling. Yes, I have to go inside just like all the truckers, but there is no limit on how much I can fuel.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote