View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 02:22 AM   #18
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
It's the gas station policy. Blaming it on the credit card company is ludicrous ... they set a credit card limit and sometimes have user options that allow YOU to place a limit on single purchases. The gas station is simply trying to limit their potential loss as a result of drive offs.
I had this $75 limit happen to me the last time I filled up as well and you're right, it is irritating. I had to hang up the nozzle and wait for the pump to reset and go through the whole process again to finish filling my tank. It cost me pennies short of $100. I'm going to look for another place to fill the truck that doesn't have this limitation. Small annoyance? Yes, but if I can minimize annoyances that is a good thing.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill-N-Donna

With the higher prices of the fuel I am very agitated at the fact that the pump kicks off when it reaches $75.00. I’m told it’s the credit card company but I’m not convinced of it.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote