View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 02:08 AM   #16
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
My bad singling out the Arabs. And since my wife is Canadian, I don't mind QUITE a much sending money up there...just kidding. My point is as I have stated elsewhere in this forum before; we have untapped oil deposits right here in the US, more than enough to sustain us until either hell freezes over, or some other sustainable fuel is developed. If we would just tap that resource we would not need ANY from outside our own boarders. Zero, zip, nada. Even if the price NEVER came down, we would be ahead of the game. Our money would not be flowing into the hands of SOME of the OPEC counties who do not particularly wish us well, and historical bullies like Russia would not have so much leverage, throwing their oil weight around. Can you imagine the effects on our trade balance if we spent all of our oil dollars right here instead of elsewhere? Can you imagine the effects on our employment rate? Can you imagine the effect on our foreign policy and national security? Drill here. Drill now. And it's not all about pay less, although that would be great if it happened!!
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote