View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 05:59 PM   #56
kescue
Established Member

M.O.C. #20145
Montana 381TH

Picked up my Montana 381TH in July!!!! I looked at a ton of Toy Haulers and my wife and I liked the layout of this unit the best. Also, as others have stated was about $30K less than other I was considering.

Quality – I was also surprised on the quality control of the unit. But I also have read a lot of forums of other RV’s that have same issue. I found a lot of small metal pieces all over the place. I spent about an hour one day with shop vac going thru all the places to vacuum them up. (I am a perfectionist so go figure!) Some staples in carpet were sticking up some so hammered them down.

Took Montana from Florida to Chattanooga recently. Let me find all the stuff that needed fixed. The DVD player only played in black and white. They use the regular cables that come with TV vs HDMI cable. Found that input on back of TV for regular cable was bad. So just ran HDMI cable and fixed the issue. Door handle screws were not exactly industrial strength, so I replaced those myself.
Just some other minor stuff to repair. Took it dealer and dropped it off for them to make the other repairs.

Washer/Dryer – liked everyone’s input on this. For now still deciding. Neighbor just has dryer in his class A to dry the towels. May just go with that. As someone else mentioned, one less water item to worry about.

Generator – priced out adding a generator when I bought the Montana. Big $$$$$. So I am looking at just getting a Honda 3000. I won’t use it much for camping but can get dual use out of it. Live in Florida and can use it for the house when the Hurricanes come swinging by!!!!

I haul a Harley Fat Boy Lo in the back. Have not fully crafted this yet, but I have to disconnect Montana from truck and raise front of Montana to reduce the arch on the door ramp so Harley will not bottom out going up and down ramp. Small detail… FYI - my bed raises up and down with no issue.

But overall I really like the Montana 381TH. Love the layout. Plenty of storage for what I need. Love the front room with the recliners. Garage big enough for what I want to carry. Plus the color looks great with my Black F350!!!

Keith and Jana Escue
2018 Montana 381TH
2016 Ford F350 King Ranch
kescue is offline   Reply With Quote