View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 02:23 PM   #25
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Outlaw,
I wouldn't let the bad reviews scare you too much. Your exactly correct in your assessment that poor quality control is universal in the industry (with maybe a couple vey expensive exceptions). While the Grand Design had a more solid feel to it, I did find quality control issues on it as well on just a casual inspection and it costs $30K more than our Keystones! Imagine the repairs and upgrades you can make with that 30K or spend it on camping trips!!!!!

Besides Keystone has been around for a long time that clearly indicates while there may be some lemons in the batch most are reasonably well built.

I will be so bold as to suggest that the real life of your unit will depend on how well you take care of it. I strongly recommend building a solid sided building to store it in (we are about to build ours and I mean like before the end of the year). Storage inside is the real key to long life of anything made of fiberglass. Prime example I just sold my 1989 Bass boat that still looked nearly factory fresh (it was stored in the garage under cover it's entire life when not in use). Get your baby out of the sun when your not using it!
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote