View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 04:12 AM   #4
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12618
Last summer an SOB pulled into the campground. If I'm not busy and feel someone needs help I am always glad to be of what help I can be, to those not so efficient in backing. The cg owners daughter came over and asked if I could go down to a lot and help the guy. Got down there and it was way beyond my help. He had bought the 5th wheel in Tennessee, came to Michigan to work, and had NOT even had the truck in reverse with the trailer. When I got there, the back window of his truck was gone, there was a huge "V" in the back of the cab, and a good sized chunk out of the front corner of his 5th wheel. To make matters worse, he decided to leave the unit where it was, and put the slides out for his wife, which added to his problems as the electric box was now 1/3rd of the way into his living room slide and he didn't take the pressure off the hitch when pulling out, and it was now situated a couple inches below the bed of the truck. What a mess that one turned out to be. Much more than one cold beer fix. Happy Trails, Steve and Susie
Steve and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote