View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 06:52 PM   #15
MDL
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13959
I did the same, used the included 3M tape and stuck them to the metal supports overhead. I haven't got enough time on them to tell you if they'll work well in the heat, but so far they're sticking just fine. On a side note, I also installed them under the sink, bathroom sink, pantry and soon the cabinet in our bedroom cupboard. So far it's sticking fine. I tried to redo one and pulled the wood right off with the tape...oops. Got it fixed, but it seems fairly secure.
I used microswitches so far as that's what I did on the last trailer. So far they're working great. I haven't tried the magnetic switches, but would like to do that. I added a lot of LED strip lighting to the basement and used the existing light fixture for a switch and power source. So far those are holding too. I did wipe everything down with alcohol first just to make sure it was clean. Lover the extra light!!! I used weather proof light strips in the front compartment, and regular strips in the main basement. Switch in the front is just a large 12VDC rocker right on the inside. Used Panduit covers to make it look nice where the wire runs to the switch.
MDL is offline   Reply With Quote