View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 07:57 AM   #2
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Tim,
We prefer the west end of town. We will be at Pueblo El Mirage, in El Mirage for the month of March. Park is pricey but very nice. It's near Luke AFB so if the noise of F16's landing and taking off might bother you, it's not the place. We are Giants fans (we're in Windsor, just down the road from you) but avoid Scottsdale. We try to catch the Giants at away games. There are several new ball parks on the west end of town, Surprise, Peoria, Camelback, Goodyear and Maryvale to name a few.

There are tons of parks and options in Mesa and the east end of town. We have stayed at Mesa Spirit. It is a huge park as many in the are are. If you haven't been before, I suggest trying to catch at least one game @ Scottsdale followed by dinner at Don & Charlies (reservations a must....it's not too soon!). The place is packed after Giants game and is worth the visit. Also, if you're Giants fan, a trip to the Pink Pony is worth it too.

I have paid $100 for seats at Scottsdale when my sons came for a visit and we only had a few days to choose from. The Giants and Cubs tend to sell out when the tickets are released. The rest of the teams you can pretty much go the day of and get good seats.

There will be a few other MOC'ers in the area. PM me and perhaps we can get together!

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote