View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 06:06 PM   #3
Keith Schweizer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8841
Rt 89 is a 2 lane road with passing lanes and climbing lanes. I have used this for several trips from northern Utah to the Grand Canyon. 89A has a few more twists and turns and travel will be a bit slower. Late April to May could be challenging if you were to take rt 14 from 89 over to Cedar city. There is at least one steep grade of 8% with a 10K ft summit. So you could possibly see snow on the ground. Also could be still falling that time of year. We have well over 100% of normal snow here already in all areas of the state. Another route to take would be taking rt 389 out of Kanab then south through Colorado to get around that mountain range to get you to Cedar City. You would end up in St. George then from there north on I-15 to Cedar city. I have been on that drive from Kanab to Colorado city then to St. George. No snow or steep grades. Camp sites in Page Az. by Lake Powell. Also Kanab has cg as well.

Safe Travels on your trip to Cedar City! Keith
09 2955rl,5 Sailun 637 , Mor ryde wet bolt kit, 50 amp progressive hard wired surge protector, solar , 4-6 volt Interstate batteries, charge indicator, HD tow hitch ,2-2000w Honda generators, Back up camera,2015 F-350,6.7,
air bags,, 50 gallon Titan Pace Edwards bed cover, TST 507-FT
Keith Schweizer is offline   Reply With Quote