Thread: A tale of woe
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 02:34 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
A tale of woe

Many pros and cons have been shared about whether to install an all-in-one washer/dryer or to use stackables. I have stackable units. Now I have a negative to share.

We had some goods stored atop the dryer and some vibrated over behind the units. The units are tied together so I tried to go over the top to reach the lost items. I was successful in nabbing the hidelings, but managed to knock my glasses off my face. You guessed it -- all the way to the floor behind the units. That is 5' down.

With astigmatism and farsightedness, I am blind without the specs. We searched the rig high and low for my backup pair to no avail. All I had was my computer glasses with a focal length of 24" to 30". Arrrgggg.

Removing the washer and dryer units is virtually impossible with out dismantling the closet. I can't figure out how they are connected. The sheet metal screws I removed lead nowhere.

In a roaring ran storm, I drove to Houston to my old optometrist to get new ones. Since it had been 1-1/2 years past my last eye exam and being diabetic, I was due. Enough changes have occurred in my eyes since the last exam, so -- new glasses.

The moral, be sure to put a rack over the abyss if you use stackable W/D units. Second, sometimes what seems to be a disappointment can lead you to where you need to go -- a direction you may not have chosen without the problem to push you.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote