View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 05:38 AM   #12
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

No matter what we think we need to read and understand the storage facilities contract. We stored our truck at a facility and we have a storage facility in Florida. The facility may insure their own property against loss but not yours. It is like having a rental property. You insure your property but not the renters property. You also need to check the insurance on your camper. If stored at a remote facility. It may not be insured. If you store your unit at a storage facility or have a storage locker take out the contract and read it. Note..You can sign your rights away.

We had to purchase additional insurance when we stored our truck for the winter at a storage facility Same when we stored a camper at a facility. Be safe...check it out.
I agree to a point, thats why we have auto and RV Insurance, but if a storage lot does the damage "in my oppion" they should at least do the deductable, and let there insusance provider take the hit for repairs, and not have the claim go on the policy of the the RV customer, too many claims can cause a insurance provider to drop the policy or increese his rates.
I personaly would let the courts system solve the problem if they declined to take care of it in small claims they cant use any attornies in small claims it just the two heads bumping together, and the judge will decide the outcome.