View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 05:11 PM   #25
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Former StClairSailor View Post
Rather than pointing fingers, I thought I would look for a solution to the question at hand.

I spoke with the Montana Product Manager, Sam Lengerich, a short time ago and discussed this issue. Sam has already communicated with both Lippert and MorRyde management regarding installing the MorRyde IS system on the Lippert frame on our Montanas.

Lippert's reply: "Only would void the warranty on the area that was modified. Which I would think MR would cover that with their modification. So they should be good".

MorRyde's reply: "The MORryde IS system replaces the existing leaf springs, axles, and attaching parts with our independent design suspension. In addition to outstanding towing benefits, the IS has substantial cross members that go side to side that reinforce and strengthen the frame section where it is installed. Because of the superior towing benefits and strength, the IS is currently being installed at the OEM factory by 4 different OEM's, 3 of which who use Lippert frames. Lippert installs the spring clips on the frame so the IS can be attached. In addition to the OEM business, MORryde has installed thousands of IS sytems, with the vast majority being on LCI frames".

"From a warranty standpoint, because the IS system replaces the running gear on a travel trailer or 5th wheel frame, the warranty for those components now comes from MORryde and not LCI. The MORryde IS warranty is a 5 year warranty because of the strength and durability of the system. The installation of the IS should not impact the other parts of the frame or their warranty".

So, there it is. A consensus from Lippert, MorRyde and Montana.
If MorRyde installs the IS system on a Montana the frame warranty is intact, except the area of the frame that was modified by MorRyde. MorRyde includes the portion of the frame they modified in their 5 year warranty.

Those of you still in warranty and considering changing to the MorRyde IS system should not have any concerns about voiding warranties.

Look forward to seeing all my friends and meeting new ones at this year's Fall Rally. Best Regards.
Thanks John,
Always best right from the horses mouth, and I appreciate you sharing the feedback you gathered!

Brad