View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 10:58 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by stimpy123

Are there any ideas about putting plastic over the inside of the windows, like I did in my SOB. There seems to be some trick to removing the day/night shades, to allow access to the window frame.
Stimpy, the valances have screws holding them. They're accessible from under the valance. A flashlight helps to locate them. There will 2 in the smaller ones and more in the larger ones. It works best to have the shades down so they're mostly out of the way. Once you remove the valance, you'll see the screws for the shades. I remove those screws but do nothing to those tiedowns at the bottom or the tiedowns for the strings at the bottom. We just lower the shade out of the way, put on the film, then put it all back together.

One caveat, though, is after 2 or 3 or 4 times doing this, those screw holes tend to enlarge and the screws lose their bite. You could do something to restore the bite, same as for any loose screw. For us, we're just going to forego the film this year as we'll head south the day after Christmas. We may regret it but those screws are not likely to take another removal and still get a good bite.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote