Thread: Key TV
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 07:19 AM   #5
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Had issues with my KeyTV yesterday. Dish Network works well through mine - most have issues getting it to do so. Had the Dish Wally receiver up and running in the living room just fine and got the bright idea of relocating the Wally to the bedroom for testing purposes. Well couldn't get the Wally to power up the Dish antenna from the bedroom no matter what I tried, so moved the Wally back to the living room. Well the Wally wouldn't power up the Dish antenna from the living room either no matter what scenario that i tried. Ran the coax from the Dish antenna directly to the Wally receiver and the setup worked just fine. Tried going back to the original configuration with the coax running through the KeyTV for distribution through the coach and you guessed it - nothing....

Decided to cycle the DC power to the KeyTV unit Off and back On again. Low and behold the Dish satellite powered up through the KeyTV system just fine. No idea if this save scenario would work for you as we've never been to a location that had cable. With that said - it might be worth a shot. I'm not messing with our setup again until I order a second Wally receiver as this had me chasing my tail for an hour and a half yesterday.

Good luck and happy camping.
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote