View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 02:41 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bill, I have an appt for tomorrow to add the air bags, compressor, and gauges. Our heavily loaded 3295RK has pinweight of 3120. With our '03 F350 we did not need airbags or extra springs. It sat level when hitched. But this '05 F250 is different. But that's my fault in not getting the Camper Package. Our neighbor here has nearly an identical truck. Both are '05 F250, crew cab, shortbox. Both have the tow package, the Tow Command package, and the 10,000 lb GVWR package. But his also has the Camper Package, which gives him the extra leaf, the helper leaf on his rear springs. Same as our F350 had. The '05 springs are wider, at 3 inches, than were the prior years. So the springs are heavier yet than prior years. Had I got the camper package I'd not need the air bags. But I didn't so I do. I think if our pinweight were down around 2500 we'd not need it but at 3120 we do need it. I thought about buying overloads, found them on the internet, but it looks to me like they'd affect the solo ride. This truck rides so nicely solo that I don't want to mess that up.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote