View Single Post
Old 11-07-2004, 04:43 PM   #14
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Glenn and Lorraine,

Thanks for your support. But to be fair to Keystone, and Jeff, it's not that they are not willing to try, once again, to take care of the problem, it's that they expect me to spend more of my money in the process. This is my issue. It is not a new problem. It is the same problem again and again.

I do understand Keystone's position in not wanting to set a president that they pay for lodging for Montana owners needing warranty work. The problem for me is that every time they have stepped up to the plate, and cost me to do it, they have dropped the ball and I'm back to square one. This is not a president. I think the odds of this happening again in my lifetime or Keystone's is a long shot for sure. I am not sure what the lesson is for them or me. Maybe with Keystone it's quality control. For me, I'm not sure, maybe a constant lesson in diplomacy.

I have lived and worked in the corporate world for many years. I understand the bottom line. I also understand ethics. Jeff said to me last March, "We will pay to tow your unit back to the factory to fix this leak and pay for your lodging". That was good ethics, considering what we had gone through. Why don't they think ethics now when they same problem is here again?

One thing I do know about dealing with anyone at Keystone. They just don't get it. When it comes to moving out of your unit, or taking it back to the dealer, or having it towed back to the factory. They don't understand what a time consuming, give up you life, process it is. Their position is that every unit has it problems. They did step up and did the right thing last March. Now they are back peddling because they don't want to set a president. That just leaves me in a mess. I just want to get on with my life and not have to face, every day, a problem with my Montana and not spend anymore money in the process.

I have not mentioned on this thread that since I have been in my new unit, as of December, I have had to live out of a cooler for two weeks, did not have hot water for two weeks, have no fantastic fan that works, have had to have Keystone replace the converter, had to to force them to replace the battery, the back screen falls out on a daily basis, the flashlight does not work, my mini blinds are a mess due to the hot shot driver's trip from Indiana, the outside lights keep dying every two or three weeks, the propane regulator has had to be replaced, I fixed the shower leaks myself, after several attempts by the silicone guy. It's been one problem after another. Not to mention mention leaks.

I hope I have made my point. I will spare you the nightmare with my first Montana. I will stop now. I will not go on and on about my dealings with Keystone. It has been and is getting to be too much. Just too much.

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote