View Single Post
Old 11-07-2004, 02:51 AM   #8
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Steve,

Believe me I'm am very confused about Jeff's current position. The only answer I have about, "why the change in attitude", came from NIc Davis who told me, Jeff feels paying for my lodging last March was too costly. The funny thing is, I told them last March it was going to be very expensive to find a place to stay for two weeks on the SW Coast of FL at the height of Spring Break. I spent a week calling and two days going from place to place trying to find Keystone a good deal. It did not happen, but they were the ones insisting on that time frame. They OK'd what I found and paid the bill. The problem is what they took it back to the factory for was still a problem when they returned it to me. It still leaks. I know Keystone lost money on that deal, but it had nothing to do with me.

I emailed Jeff two weeks ago, again, stating my position and how I feel about this and I have not heard from him. I really don't understand it either.

I'm not sure what you mean about an alternative in paying to take it to and from the factory. They are doing that. If I had a friend or relative to stay would I would do that even if I did not want to, to have this problem resolved. The problem is I have only lived in this area since the first of Oct (I'm on the East Coast of FL now) and do not know anyone. I have just started a job and cannot leave and go somewhere else for two weeks. Moving out of my unit, once again, is bad enough but to have to go into debt over it, puts me between a rock and a hard place.

harleyrider,

Yes, it's the same problem. The one problem that is been constant through two Montana's. To be fair, Keystone has spent a lot of money on my two units. But none of it was well spent because the problem still exists. I was promised that if I agreed to move from my 2002 and incur some of the costs they would build me a 2004 that would not leak. After towing 200 miles last December to make the switch, which cost me more time and money, I had to have a water removal company come out and suck the water out of my carpet in Feb. That's when Keystone, again stepped up to the plate and paid to have it towed back to the factory and paid for my lodging that time. They did fix the leak in the dining area but the leak in the bedroom slide, the same leak they tried numerous times to fix in my old unit, was and is still happening.

The same leak that caused me to take off work and take it back to the dealer in May 2003 (first unit) the same leak that caused me to have to live with family and friends and stay in Motels (at my cost) for four weeks in July of 2003 while it went to another dealership. Not to mention all the times I took off work waiting for Techs to show up at my site with their silicone guns. The only difference with the leak in the new unit and the old unit is I had mushrooms growing in my carpet in the old one. I don't have mushrooms with this leak.

Anyone on this forum who knows my history, knows that leaks are not the only serious problems I have had, but the one leak has been constant. I told Jeff last Feb that I know it was going to be more time and aggravation on my part but I was not going to spend another dime on fixing problems. He supported my position then, he won't support it now.

I brought this matter to the forum because I consider myself and fair and reasonable person. I'm a big believer in personal responsibility. I know looking at it from a Corporate position, my buying a Montana has not been very cost effective for Keystone, but I also know it has not been very cost effective for me. Since Keystone cannot see my point of view I just wanted to check here to see if any of you can. The money I have had to shell out trying to resolve my Montana's problems is part of the reason I'm in the hole I'm currently in.

All I'm asking is that they fix the problem, make it go away, and not ask me to spend anymore of my money. It's bad enough I have to move out of it again, get it ready to tow, and send it back to Indiana for two weeks. Hoping it will be on once piece after the hot shot driver tows it like there is no tomorrow. Hoping I won't have to replace the converter and battery again, because Keystone did not disconnect it at the factory. Hoping I won't have to use the campground showers again because Keystone told me they refilled the tanks after I had to drain them for the trip because it was below freezing in Indiana at the time. Most of all hoping moving out of it and living in a motel for two weeks is not, once again, all for nothing.

Sorry for the long response, I'm just at my wits end with this. I have not had one entire month of a problem free unit since May 2002 and I'm in a venting mood I guess.

I appreciate your support.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote