View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Ray, I won't discuss brands as there are way to many to chose from. But, I will say that you should stick with the LT23585R-16 E range. This is the size that came on your rig and it worked well for you and the previous owner. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Absolutely stay away from the STs. There's really nothing wrong with STs but trying to replace one can be a real pain in the butt. Most any "reputable" tire shop will either stock the STs or have very easy access to them.

I speak from from many many years in the tire business but that was a few years back and some things have changed but a tire is still a tire. LonnieB is still in the tire business and he should be able to give you some great advice on brands.
There is one thing that Lonnie and I fully agree on and that is when ever, where ever you buy tires ALWAYS buy from a "reputable" tire dealer and not from the department stores and the like that ALSO sell tires. Quite often their so called service techs are typically untrained and very inexperienced.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote