View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 06:08 AM   #27
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Parts are not expensive for the montana, if you shop around for them. Paid $222 for new shower/tub base and new pins that hold in the upper tub surround as sourced from LaMesa RV. If I had taken monte to a dealer, it would have been there for at least a week to have everything pulled out of the bath and the new installed. And the labor would have been a quick thousand. I also noticed my tub drain was cracked and home depot had a metal bar sink drain for 20 or so. Three new windows that I replaced myself, less than 600. Water heater less than 400 from amazon. But I also don't have a house sucking me dry for repairs, taxes, etc and so costs for the rv pale in comparison. I fully understand folks wanting to hold dealers feet to the fire on a new rv...but pain to do so was not worth it to me when I would have had to go to alabama with the monte and live in a motel each time.

The great thing about the moc is that we get this big resource to help us understand a lot of things about our montana. Ozz gave me the insight on how to fix my blown out grey tank as one example. James is providing a whole lot of insight into the new cooling system that needs more engineering work it seems. A few others have/are living with the nightmare of the new electric levelup system. To all out there, fix what you can yourselves if you need to. Life is short. John