Thread: Patching Tire?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 06:58 PM   #15
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
As a former RV transporter, I can vouch that any kind of tire from the factory, is probably mistreated. I am such a tire care proponent, I can say that the few trailers I towed were not mistreated by me, but that doesn't mean I didn't witness many counterparts just wanting to get the job paid as quick as possible, so they can get another job. I can tell you I was passed by many transporters, not just private owners driving way faster than the speed limit of any ST tire on the rig. I'm assuming the trailers whizzing by me, had the cheapest STs money could byk so these are now prone to early failure from the abuse.

I have stayed with STs on my rig for the past 10 years. The only bad STs I've had were the original Missions on the trailer (that may have been abused by some transporter, but I also think they may have been suspect since they were amongst the brand where the term China bombs came from).

Other Monty owners have just upgraded to the best tires they can find, but I've stayed with STs (Marathon, Maxxis, and now something called Centara). I then monitor the PSI and condition a lot! No problems, except when I destroyed a couple Maxxis by getting too close to a drainage curb (and that was MY fault). That's how I got involved with Centara (replacements for the two Maxxis I destroyed).
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote