Thread: Sofa to Futon
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 05:56 AM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
illapah

I hear ya, but don't think this is our hippy days futon mattress. Let me tell you, they have come a LONG LONG way in some 30 years! They have them now with springs in them! OH, MYYYY!!! My son has one like that and it sleeps like a little piece of heaven.

We compromised on this one, it is not quite that good, cause the one with springs you need someone to stand in back and in front of the futon to close it up. With the mattress we purchased we still need 2 people, but we can move from bed to couch positions from the front without pulling it out in the middle of the room.

We purchased ours in Ann Arbor Michigan at a large futon store, walked in, told the guy our situation, he showed us frames, we chose what fit and what matched in color to the wood in Tana, then he showed us mattresses, explaining the difference in all of them, how easy or hard they might fold up, etc. It took me longer to dig through their HUGE inventory of mattress covers than it did to pick out the frame and the mattress.

It sleeps right nice! Al hates it when I want to put it in the sofa position, cause he just LOVES taking a nap on it, with the 4 yorks all cuddled up!

For us it was a compromise of looks vs comfort. I sleep on the futon every night, so, comfort won hands down. I slept on the sofacouchfromhe** for about 2 weeks when my back went out, I was in pain for well over 6 months. As you can imagine, I came to hate that piece of furniture. No back pain with the futon.

Now, if they had offered that air bed couch that is new, I would have been in heaven. Would not have needed to spend all this extra $$ and change. Nahhhh, we are not going to upgrade to a 07.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote