View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 07:19 PM   #13
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADman_KS View Post
Maybe the Anderson is different than the superglide. Not sure? The super glide will definitely clear your cab every time on flat ground. I have a picture somewhere, although I can't find it right now, of my truck 90 to the camper. And there was no chance that it was ever going to hit.

All bets might be off, though, if you are going through a dip or something and you're turning really tight or backing through a dip at 90.

At the end of the day, I do agree with the comment that it's not bad to have a spotter, and watch the can closely. When he gets close, it still does scare me.

The Andersen is totally different then a conventional fixed or slider hitch. The configuration of how the adapter is mounted on the kingpin,plus how the hitch itself is mounted in the truck, it puts the fifth further from the cab.

I agree all bets are off on the dips, and such, I worry more about the fifth wheel making contact with the bed on those situations, not the cab, there is no hitch thats going to avoid that ,sliders , Andersen , B&W whatever. We get right back to being aware of what you are doing.

Those auto sliders are great, but in my experience, I don't crank the fifth wheel that tight, tight as I go is getting into my driveway . I don't do back in RV sites , pull thru only. Just don't want the hassle. I have had a back in a few times, but its been rare, I book pull thru's. My fifth wheel is 38', it doesn't belong it tight places.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote