View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 03:04 PM   #8
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad&Tam View Post
I just purchased a Montana Mountaineer that has the Max Turn Technology. The dealer suggested I install a slider hitch so I chose the Pull Rite Auto Slider instead of the manual. Still waiting on some mounting parts to install this particular unit but now see a regular hitch might have been okay.

Anyone ever had any issues turning a Montana with a regular fifth wheel hitch without the slider?

Just curious.

Pullrite auto slide is a bit temperamental , they cannot be hitch ,and unhitched at too much of an angle, a bit of maintenance on them, and they are heavy. I entertained one at one point ,glad I didn't now .

I only know this as a friend had one, and got tired of some of the hassle with it, and went to the Andersen as I have. We both have the steel rail mount version. Mine is on the picture frame adapter, I have the puck system on my truck. His is mounted to the conventional bed rails, he has an older truck.

I sit further from the cab with the Andersen in the configuration I did with the adapter ,and hitch. I would have to work at it pretty hard to hit the cab, but as said you can make contact with any hitch ,truck or fifth wheel .
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote