View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 07:10 AM   #15
awheeler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19482
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAinaMontana View Post
I'm guessing you're going to Lake Park to one of the rv dealers located there. It's only a 5 hour drive from there to Augusta so I not sure you will need a over night stop. Every small town has a Walmart, grocery store or church parking lot to take a pit stop in. We live north west of Lake Park so we would not use that route to go to Augusta. Actually, we seldom camp in Georgia as we generally are in a surrounding state after the first days travel. I guess we need to change that and start doing some local camping now that cooler temps have arrived. Hope you have a great trip and find that Georgia is more than I75/95 and Atlanta. I'm not sure what time of day Todd727 passed through I75 south of Atlanta, but I can assure you that you don't want to do that at the wrong time of day.

We are actually staying in Lake Park at Grassy Pond Campground. According to my maps Augusta is 4.5 - 5 hours from there. I would NOT go through Atlanta to get there. I am currently in Defuniak Springs, Florida and will be going I10, then cut up through Greenville; take 90 to Madison;145 to Clyattville; 376 to the campground. Unless anyone sees anything wrong with this route. It is country roads. I don't see and low overpasses or bridges, and the roads on Google maps look good.

I am currently planning to go from Lake Park to Perry, GA - spend the night in Perry and go on in to August the next day. Still looking at routes from Perry to Augusta.
awheeler is offline   Reply With Quote