View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 07:37 AM   #7
jlb27537
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13157
I just switched from Direct to Dish.

I had them install the fixed antenna at the house and install the receiver. I had them bring a second receiver and a Dish Tailgater when they came out to do the house install.

They activated the house receiver but not the second one. I figured I would do that when we left for the winter. Since both receivers were the same model number, I got to thinking, just bring the one that is already activated, saving the second receiver charge.

So we get to the RV Park, hook up the Tailgater, plug in the receiver, it realizes it is connected to a Tailgater instead of the house antenna and it asks what state I am in. It then goes thru about 5-10 minutes of finding it's self and downloading program guides.

You then call 1-800 and punch 2 for technical service. Tell them to change your service zip code, and poof, you now get the locals for the area you are in.

I still have not activated my 2nd receiver. May return it when we get home next spring, Or just keep it for a spare. Only cost $49.95.

This Tailgater thing is just too simple to use, the Customer Service with Dish is excellent, they understand RVers move around. Direct has movable antennas, but are more expensive than the Dish Tailgater.

My receivers are VIP211k models.

So to answer the OP's question, if you have a 211 receiver, yes, just take your home receiver with you. If you get out of your spot beam area, you will not get the locals, just call and change your service zip. We have our Dish bill connected to the cell phone number, and when you call, the caller ID @ Dish will pull up your account. Just too easy.

Jim

2012 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4x4 3.73 Tow Max Pkg B&W Companion 60 gal RDS aux fuel tank. 2014 Montana 3150RL, 2 A/C's, Leather, 6 Point Jacks, Splendede WD2100XC, Mor/ryde X-Factor, Duravis 250 tires with TST 507RV monitors. 2 x Honda EU2000's
jlb27537 is offline   Reply With Quote